Sony FS76 owners: please check something for me before I call service

WSH

Established Member
Reaction score
There are 2 speakers on the top face of the TV either side of the oval shape grill. Only the right one seems to be working on my set.

Please put your ear to both speakers and tell me if both of yours are working. Thanks.

Hi WHS,

I believe there is just one speaker behind the oval shape classed as a 22w "subwoofer" believe it of not and it is not necessarily easy to tell if it is working or not.

I have noticed previously there does not seem to be a great deal of action there myself. Since you have mentioned it I have been listening and it is evident there is sound from the whole surface in a way. It seems most evident when you get something like Kerang on and wait for a heavy beat you would expect a subwoofer to show up. Listen at the top and then at the front of the set. The front speakers do not replicate the heavier beats.

In summary, I do not think you should hear any more noise from the left or the right of the speaker. I do not think the speaker is great but it would be missed if it did not exist.

Let us know what you find in the light of the above.

Dave

Thanks Dave. If you look at the speaker you will see a small dark oval on the left and the right. You may need an overhead light on. Only one oval is producing sound on mine.

Originally posted by WSH
Thanks Dave. If you look at the speaker you will see a small dark oval on the left and the right. You may need an overhead light on. Only one oval is producing sound on mine.

I know what you mean. it does look like that but I think there is just the one speaker behind there. According to the catalogue spec, there are 2 x 20w (front) and one 22w being the "subwoofer".

As I said, it is not particularly easy to tell if the thing works at all.
Keep me posted.

Dave

Thanks again for your help.

Ill go to see one at Comet just to make sure.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom