1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony FS76 - No RGB

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by whizzbangtango, May 28, 2003.

1. whizzbangtango

whizzbangtango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am now onto my 2nd FS76 (after serious buzzing on the 1st) and now don't seem to be getting RGB. The DVD is connected to AV1 and Sky to AV2. Both are set up to output RGB. I get what is best described as a sort of scrolling chequered effect, mostly visible at the edges of coloured blocks, particularly oranges/reds (is this what they call "moire"...?). I'm using quality QED scarts and didn't have this problem on my old Philips 28".

I did a search and I noticed a few other people have mentioned this but don't seem to have resolved it. Am I overlooking some basic setting or do I have another dud Sony?

Does anyone know if there's a definitive way of proving whether the RGB on this TV is actually working?

Thanks

2. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Plug your RGB feed into AV3 (S-video) and see what you get...

3. luv ya jen

luv ya jen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just got my 36" kdnx200 and it doesnt display a rgb sighn you know the one like a circle with 3 little dots is my tv faulty did you sort out yours

4. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    These Sony sets don't display the '...' RGB symbol... They are RGB auto switching on AV1 and 2 only, 3, 4 and 5 take S-Video... The best way to confirm an RGB feed is via the menu... With an RGB signal you will have the option to centre the RGB image, which is greyed out with a composite feed...

I remember one other member who had a similar problem, but I don't know what he did... Try reading back through the threads, and send a PM.!?

5. luv ya jen

luv ya jen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what u think of the picture and features what settings you got

6. whizzbangtango

whizzbangtango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks All. I've now checked the RGB setting as suggested and it seems I was getting RGB from Sky but not from the DVD. In frustration I decided to rip out the mass of cables from all my kit and start again. Surprise surprise, I now have RGB from both Sky and DVD...! I can only assume that I was a muppet and had something connected incorrectly! Oh well, you live and learn. Thanks for all the help.

As for the picture, I am very happy 95% of the time. The only problem I now have is blocking on very dark colours. It's only really noticeable if you get up close but it isn't pretty. Dark scenes that contain fog or mist can be quite bad. I've read about this elsewhere on the forums and it seems that this Sony isn't very good at displaying dark greys and blacks.

7. SHINODA

SHINODA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On my fs76, ive got all the picture adjustments turned off, like AI, Noise Reduction, and set Colour Tone too Normal, Also, i prefer DRC 50, this stopped all the effects like you said.

I hope this is of some help.

SHINODA