1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony FS76 & Cable TV

Discussion in 'TVs' started by av-noobie, May 28, 2003.

1. av-noobie

av-noobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Got my Sony FS76 and its the dogs - no buzzing (was pretty worried about this), great picture etc. etc. - except when I watch cable through my telewest box (via my DAVS800).

It seems very grainy and doesn't seem to improve if I choose only DRC50 instead of the 100Hz option. When watching a DVD its fantastic and pin sharp.

Anybody else suffer this with cable (I suspect they send a low quality signal), or could the connection between the cable and the DAVS be crappy?

Any opinions gratefully received.

2. clearys

clearys

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I get a lot of blocky effects watching cable. Seems to vary a lot between channels. Called NTL out and they replaced the inline capacitor to the STB and said the local distribution point was sending too high a signal but it didn't get any better after they had finished tinkering.

Don't think I'll ever get it sorted so I'm considering moving to SKY + cause I think they get a better quality picture and I also want the HHD recording of the + box.