1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony freeview upgrade

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by matty2767, Oct 25, 2004.

1. matty2767

matty2767

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well mine upgraded to the new software tonight but as yet i carnt tell any difference. smartlink still doesnt seem to work :(

2. macta

macta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Smartlink has always worked with my Sony D800U and a sonly SLVSE730 vcr - even with the old 09.04 version. Actually I have also tested it with a philips vcr as well.

In most cases you have to enable smartlink behavior (e.g. with my sony vcr I had to turn it on in the installation menu) - and I can't remember if there was a menu option on the D800U as well.

But it works great! Sometimes even better than my humax pvr (e.g. at least my vcr will pad the recordings by 10 minutes)

tim

3. matty2767

matty2767

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the sony slvse810 and i couldnt get it to work. it does with the tv though.

when i emailed sony they said it wouldnt work because the vcr couldnt talk properly to the freeview.

i have to set a wake up timer on the freeveiw and the set the vcr to syncro record.

4. JohnW14

JohnW14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interestingly the Smartlink on my girlfriend's Sony box and SLVSE730 VCR used to work fine.

Since the new software update, quite often there is a significant pause after pressing the red button to add an item to the recording list and eventually it comes up with a message to 'Remember to set the VCR timer'.

I've suggested just leaving it and seeing if it works, but if it failed to record an epiosode of Sunset beach my life would not be worth living :nono:

Any ideas of what may have happened?