1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Freak

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by STOWITBELOW, Nov 17, 2002.

1. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I would love some help with choosing a Sony Dvd. My buget is no more than £300, Iwant a sony new or 2nd hand. My choices seem to be the 305,700, 705, 725, and the odd older model. I intend to buy a new amp/receiver also, but don't know which Dvd to opt for.

2. bash

bash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +282
    I've heard the older DVP 900 is better specified than its revised newer sibling the 905, so with Richer doing this player for £199 (multiregion I think) it would seem the best choice mate.

Hope thats helps:)

3. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    i think richer sounds no longer have any 900`s im not 100 percent sure but check first mate.if they dont you can always get one from the place i got mine www.multiregionmagic.co.uk it`s £289 with next day delivery rce proof an auto region switching.good luck an hope this helps also they only have them in silver

4. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd avoid Sony DVD players if I was you.

I paid around £550 for a Sony DVP-735D, 2 years ago after just over a year it started having trouble reading discs. Over the last year, it has got gradually worse.

Sometimes the picture breaks up and the sound drops out which it recovers from, after a few seconds. Other times, it will jump to another chapter or get the dreaded C:13:00 message.

C:13:00 means dirty disc but can also be a symptom of laser failure. Some on here mentioned a lawsuit in the USA over Sony DVD players and their laser problems. Rather than pay £100 for it fixing, i'm buying a new player.

Try searching on here for "C:13:00"

My next DVD player will be a Philips 963SA.

5. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I'm quite happy with my 700, the newer 705 has removed the second scart socket that I use to loop through my set top box.

6. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just to balance 735 review, Ive had mine a while now (since it came out) use it on a regular basis and no problems at all. It has not been modified.