1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony FQ75

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Rookies, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    Does anyone know if we can still get these you know that people still have in stock. Also how much they be?

someone been saying that the FQ75 is a better choice than FQ80. I am just sooo confuse what to do

2. digitalsauce

digitalsauce
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I was in town earlier and had a good long look at one of the FQ80's playing a DVD and I was very impressed with the picture; but even this doesn't assure that its not without its problems in 'real world' use... I just wish that some magazine/net-site would get a review out on it so we can have a better impression of the set. I'm still in two minds about the stand that it comes with.. at the moment on the 9617 I'm able to fit a DVD player / NTL Set Top Box / VCR & X-Box .. The X-Box (being a big chap) would definately not fit at the very bottom .. Still, its the picture quality that we are bothered with ..

http://www.diskidee.nl/av/testen/index.htms/3492

The above site did a 'review' ( as far as I can tell ) and gave it a score of:

Sony FQ80:

Prestatiescore: 84/100
    Prijs/prestatiescore: 52/100

Possibly someone from the netherlands can translate the page? .. But then again the PixelPlus sets only got:

http://www.diskidee.nl/av/testen/index.htms/3132

PixelPlus 9617:

Prestatiescore: 79/100
    Prijs/prestatiescore: 51/100

.. SO, The Sony set seems to be slightly infront there..

3. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    Hi mate

Yeah I seen it playing in stores and am well impress, but we need a few good comments form people that have a good play with them. Ie like reviews from mags like you said.

What a 9617??? (as you edited yours while I was typing this i now know what this is )

I love the sony all round it a damn nice tv the stand is nice. Just need to be convinced I be happy with it perforance. Till I hear some rave reviews my hard earn dosh is staying where it is LOL

Also since i now know what the 9617 is, why you thinking of changing from that tv set? it not that old is it?