1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony FQ75 PURPLE SCREEN

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Tole, May 4, 2003.

1. Tole

Tole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have purchased SONY 28 FQ 75 a few weeks ago.Almost every morning when i swich tv on picture is purple/redish colour.It's visible especially on white background.It swiches back to normal
    after a few minutes.This happens only in the morrnig after
    tv was off overnight .Tv works fine for the rest of the day.Is there anyone who had this problem.Please advise.Prompt response
    is welcome.

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you got any speakers/ AV amp close to the set?

3. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the plug left in the socket all the time?I had a colour stain in one corner that would appear and disappear at will!Now I unplug the set whenever it's not in use,haven't seen said problem since.

4. Spunky

Spunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He he,

My old FQ75 used to get a nice purple patch in the lower right of the screen. I put this down to a could of things, either my speakers were too close, or something else was causing it.
    Found out my DVD player which had a bilt in amp- which was on the bottom shelf, was causing it. Poor shielding around the t.v. IMO.

Make sure you turn it off and on by the switch on the front of the t.v and it sould de-gause it for you.

Spunky