1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony FQ70

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by pclarke, Sep 6, 2003.

1. pclarke

pclarke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where is the cheapest place to buy a Sony 32FQ70?

Thanks in advance

Pclarke

2. whitcat

whitcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're quick in making a decision (if this is definitely the one you want), Empire Direct have these today only (Sunday) at £844.84 including delivery, 5 year D&G warranty and 9 months interest free credit.

Throws a spanner in the works for me as I was considering it againt a Loewe Aventos 3981, but the Sony gets a financial boost here.

James

3. pclarke

pclarke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Whitcat,

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the Sony KV32FQ70 tv BOX please. Also the space between the shelves on the stand. Worried that I will not be able to get it in my house :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

PClarke

4. pclarke

pclarke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Come on people...please :)

Can someone tell me the size of the box - about to order one but need to know it is going to fit through my door:rolleyes:

Also, does the tv have a remote control locator function like the FX66.

Anyone good experience (or bad) of this tv??

Thank you. :smashin:

5. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi PClarke,

I have the FQ70 and have been very happy with it, the only 2 flaws I have found are that it buzzes slightly, not noticeable when watching tv in normal circumstances, and when there are scrolling credits they tend to blur a bit.

I had a 9527 before and the picture on the sony is consistently better across all types of the broadcasts, whereas the philips was v good on some channels but poor on others.

The Sony is also very good looking. Do a search on FQ70, it will bring up a few threads.

With regards to the box, it did seem very big but I got it through my front door, which is a normal sized door. The edges of the box just rubbed the edges of the door. Bit of a tight fit !!

The shelves come flatpacked seperately and need putting together. The bottom shelf sits on the metal part of the stand and is approx 1 inch at the most off the ground, you couldn't put anything under the shelf on the floor! It was not possible to adjust where this shelf went.

The middle shelf is adjustable. I put my cable box and video on top of each other on the bottom shelf and there is space above them. And I have the Davs550 on top shelf.

Hope this will be of some help. I no longer have the box, so can't measure it, sorry.

Regards

PaulJ

PS. It's very heavy for a 32" :D

6. pclarke

pclarke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks PaulJ.

I think my stuff will fit on the shelves....I have an xbox, freeview box, Sony DVD player and Toshiba vcr.

I hope the TV will fit in the house - they may have to bring it around the back as there is not much room to manoeuvre in the hall way. :rolleyes:

Do you get any colour bleed as reported in the mags? Also how far away do you sit from the TV? (sorry for all the questions)

Thanks again.

7. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi PClarke,

You should get all your stuff on there. I didn't have much space to get tv in the house either, stairway just behind door! But guys who brought it, got it straight in, much to my amazement.

I have not noticed any colour bleeding as previously mentioned, but im not an expert in this sort of thing, so maybe just haven't noticed it. Not a bad thing!

:cool:

I sit about 3 metres at the most away from the tv, which I find to be ok. Wouldn't want to be too much further away though. I would love a much bigger screen, but space and finance is a problem. :devil:

From your previous post, the remote doesn't have a remote locator.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Paul :smashin: