1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony F828

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by geeWcee, May 22, 2004.

1. geeWcee

geeWcee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Does anyone know a 'cheap' dealer of the Sony f828 camera.
    Cheapest I can find one is at 7dayshop.com for £549.
    Anyone find it cheaper? :confused:

Cheers.....

2. matiano

matiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is a good price, most hight street stores are £650 plus so I wouldnt expect it much lower than £549 anywhere. I would reccomend giving it a test in Jessops though as when I first used it, was not what I expected at all! Not unpleasant by any means, just didnt seem as good as the other 8mp cameras available. Anyhoo give it a tester before purchase as its fairly unique!

3. geeWcee

geeWcee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Already had a go with it mate. What other 8mp cameras have you had a go with?
    The minolta A2 is another choice of mine but a bit more cash! The olympus 8080 was dissapointing.

4. matiano

matiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Canon Pro 1 would be my weapon of choice, but obviously its more pricey, I also really like the Nikon 8700. If u have ever used the 5700 its pretty much identical but with the enhanced resolution. I would go for the Canon if money was not an issue, not that the Sony is bad just doesnt feel right to me, the controls are somewhat unorthodox as well.
    The A2 is the camera I have played with the least, my main niggle I have with it is not a biggy, simply that the lens when zooming feels a wee bit poxy in comparison with the other cameras.