Question Sony EX9305 Vs Panny DX902b

StefanBFC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious on people's thoughts.

The sony XE9305. vs the Panasonic DX902b

In the 65" version, has anybody viewed side by side or owned both?

I know there older TVs now, but the flagship LED at the time and both are brilliant sets.

The sony being 2017, Panny being 2016.

I own both in 65” and have a 55” KS8000 too. I have the Sony upstairs and the Panasonic downstairs.

Both are excellent. My biggest issue is around the blooming on the Panasonic, but this is possibly a panel specific issue. Overall I would say I prefer the Sony and my next purchase would probably be a 75” XE9405 or ZD9 if I can find a nice one with warranty for a few years.

I’m struggling to want anything else really. I don’t want the OLED burn in risk. I’d maybe consider 75” Q9FN.

Also after having Dolby Vision on the Sony I would say I’m not really bothered about not having it.

I find the Sony better on colours and 100% on motion. There’s less blooming too on my example vs my DX902. The main issue is the interface is a little sluggish but otherwise it’s an amazing TV. I was lucky and picked one up about 2 months ago for £750 via Gumtree with 3 years warranty left. Insane amount of TV for the money.

I own the DX902 and wouldn't swap it for it but if I owned the Sony I am sure I'd feel the same way. Both TVs very close in picture quality. The Sony has the advantage of dolby vision HDR support and built in HLG HDR support for the iPlayer app...it also has better motion. The Panasonic has the advantage of being a direct lit FALD model rather than the Sony which is edge lit FALD...although local dimming on both TVS is very good.

I own both in 65” and have a 55” KS8000 too. I have the Sony upstairs and the Panasonic downstairs.

Both are excellent. My biggest issue is around the blooming on the Panasonic, but this is possibly a panel specific issue. Overall I would say I prefer the Sony and my next purchase would probably be a 75” XE9405 or ZD9 if I can find a nice one with warranty for a few years.

I’m struggling to want anything else really. I don’t want the OLED burn in risk. I’d maybe consider 75” Q9FN.

Also after having Dolby Vision on the Sony I would say I’m not really bothered about not having it.

I find the Sony better on colours and 100% on motion. There’s less blooming too on my example vs my DX902. The main issue is the interface is a little sluggish but otherwise it’s an amazing TV. I was lucky and picked one up about 2 months ago for £750 via Gumtree with 3 years warranty left. Insane amount of TV for the money.

This is pretty much my exact thought. I think I'll stick with the Sony I can pick one up for 800 and sell mine 55" for 700. So for the extra 100 quid got to be worth it.

The Panny just always entered my head as I almost bought it few years back. Plus I think I'd struggle to get that Panny for 800.

I'm with you on the OLED, I've viewed a few of these, shops and mates homes. I just don't buy into it yet I can't. I'd never go LG, and the Sony is far to expensive and I honest can't see any significant picture difference.

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure somebody is selling the 9405 75" in the classifieds for 2k.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom