1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Ericsson's & Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Gemini-Phoenix, Aug 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Gemini-Phoenix

Gemini-Phoenix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Is it just me, or do all Sony Ericsson phones struggle with bluetooth when connecting to Nokia's and Samsung's???

Everyone I have tried to connect with, and everyone who has tried to connect with me seems to say that their phone "Hate's connecting with Sony's"

Is this a valid excuse? Is there actually a connection problem as far as Sony phones are concerned?

2. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive had no problem with ericssons= nokia,s. :thumbsup: wot phones are you trying to pair?

3. Gemini-Phoenix

Gemini-Phoenix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    All sorts.

I use an S700i. I have tried pairing with many a D500, as well as various newish Nokia's. It works most the time, but other times it is picky.

One time I connected to a D500, and it glitched. I was then able to hack my own phone using the D500, and view and pull any files / media I wanted off of my phone at will. Meanwhile, my phone was simply reading "Trying to connect" ~ Very bizarre!

4. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    SE's BT is the best on the market - it's the others who've not implemented it as well as they should have. Some have knobbled the data transfer element at the behest of the network provider buying them and having them customised with their firmware.

5. EnigmaCode

EnigmaCode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    i wouldn't say SE bluetooth was the best on the market by any stretch of the imagination. from my experience it tends to be extremely temperamental. failed pairings and disconnections part way through file transfer are all too common.

6. Gemini-Phoenix

Gemini-Phoenix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Exactly my point. But question is, is it down to SE's software, or is it everyone else who hasn't yet caught up yet?

I can't fault the pairings with other SE's, or my PC for that matter. It's predominatly when pairing with Samsung D500's that it has problems. A few newer Nokia's also suffer the same fate.

Could it be the S700i, or is it all SE's? As my mate also reports problems using his P900 and W800 when connecting to other non-SE phones...