Sony Ericsson XPERIA play or a Blackberry curve 9300 what to get

Meridius

Hi all

want a real good phone but dont know which to get

which has the better screen and battery life and call quality

which would you say is better as these 2 phones are the same price now or is there better for the £130 to £150 mark

thanks

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
I'd go with the Play..With having a daughter who had a BB, I can say, IMO, and her's, they aren't that great.
Kind of reminded me of an old phone, from the beginning of smart phones..:laugh:

Meridius

does your daughter like it ? my wife is more of a texter and she loves solitaire, lol

RobM

Distinguished Member
The Xperia Play is all about gaming.

The BlackBerry Curve is all about messaging.

Which category seems best suited to you?

The Curve 9300 is a cracking little handset, it ticks all the right boxes for a messaging and communications device - good battery life, physical keyboard, all the messaging options you could want, small, light and maintains a good signal.

The Play is all about games. It's running Android so you get the benefits of that, but the physical gaming buttons dictate what this phone is about. It's quite large (not OTT) and heavier than many to accommodate those buttons but, if you game on your mobile a lot, it really is the Android handset of choice. You don't lose out too much elsewhere, battery life is acceptable in normal use and it's well put together.

To answer your direct comparison above - the Xperia has the better screen, the Curve has the better battery life and call quality.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
does your daughter like it ? my wife is more of a texter and she loves solitaire, lol

No, she hated the Blackberry..keys were too small, the tracking button wasn't her favourite feature, screen she thought was rubbish, camera is too, and a list of other things she didn't like.

She now owns an X10 mini pro, which she loves, screen is miles better (Bravia Engine), slide out keyboard is too, and she gets maybe 2 days out of it, with use(data off till she needs it.)
Cracking camera, and all the features of Android.

Last edited:

RobM

Distinguished Member
Which BlackBerry did she have? Might be worth mentioning that, rather than tarring every single model with the same brush :)

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Which BlackBerry did she have? Might be worth mentioning that, rather than tarring every single model with the same brush :)

I wouldn't have posted if she never owned the Blackberry curve 9300 :suicide:

RobM

Distinguished Member
You're a very angry fellow aren't you :) You didn't mention it at all, so since we're all trying to be helpful for the benefit of the OP, it seemed a worthwhile question.

Thank you for the confirmation.

RobM

Distinguished Member
That was the answer to the previous question. You've quoted the answer and the response to that answer. Confused much? :)

In fact, you even deleted the confirmation part in an attempt to stir things up. Why?

Last edited:

guttersnipez

my daughter had the blackberry curve 9300 and hated it.
it keeps freezing all the time and the scroll on it is rubbish.
she has the blackberry bold now 9300 and she loves that.

steve

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom