Sony Ericsson W800i v Samsung D600 - Which one???

yeh i'm like this guy with the mp3 player. I got my D600 on monday and picked it over the W800i because it looks like a million times better and the screen is just amazing, i really like the camera aswell although it does have a few complicated features like all the different settings for the light conditions and so on. also i found the instruction manual to be kinda useless lol. and about sony ericsson being better for txting, i would say yes cos using the T9 dictionary on my old k700i was just amazing compared to this lol but i'll get used to it. and you ppl looking for gd sound quality and storage for songs, really just get an iPod and a descent set of headphones and your all set better than a phone will ver get you ;). But i do find that the battery life on the D600 is ten times better than my K700i i mean i done it's initial charge on monday when i got it for only 2 hours and it's still got 2 bars and i've been pissing about with it since i got it, using all it's features and everything ;)

Personally i've just gone for the w800i and am finding it a superb phone! I've stacked the card with MP3's and have even got a couple of Simpsons mp4 movies on there! The mp3 player is great quality through headphones and the camera is superb for a phone! I like the look and feel of it but i'd say the d600 wins out in this area. Still my last 3 phones before this k700i, t610 & t68 were all Sony's so i'm used to them now and the way they are laid out. Also getting a 512 pro duo stick with it is superb as well as they are still £40 a pop!

All in all a great phone which i'd recommend to anyone bothered about music and photo quality!

ross.mitchell said:
Another are the awful earphones. My ears aren't particularly small but they are big and pointy and generally uncomfotable! Is it possible to get others that fit the phone?
Should have gone to Earsavers!...sorry, couldn't resist it....

Dave
PS...and a warm welcome to the forums... :smashin:

What the MP3 player like on the D600 - sound quality, track organisation, etc ? I figure that is one of the few things to put me off it - I use my SX1 with OggPlay, which is probably a better music player than the Walkman app in the W800, but I'll sacrifice a little functionality for a better camera.

ross.mitchell said:
I have heard that the earphones with the W800i are very good, can anyone confirm this?

Yes the earphones for the SE w800i are fantastic! They create a seal in your ear and the sound is crystal clear! They also come with a range of seals for different ears so you should find the perfect fit. Mine were fine just with the standard seals however. :thumbsup:

CAS FAN said:
Yes the earphones for the SE w800i are fantastic! They create a seal in your ear and the sound is crystal clear! They also come with a range of seals for different ears so you should find the perfect fit. Mine were fine just with the standard seals however. :thumbsup:

Another advantage of the W800i is the fact you can use your own headphones with it too, I actually plug it into my Aux port in my car and can play mp3's through the car system too, very nice :)

The D600 still has the better looks, build and destroys the W800i for screen quality. Ease of use, the W800i just has the edge here, the Samsung still has one or two little niggles that the W800i gets just right, the D600 is still very easy to use, but it's just missing that extra edge of tweakability and intuition.

Overall it is a draw, I'm loving both phones :D

I liked the look of the W800i so I paid £49.99 and got my annual upgrade!

hmmm it is getting increasingly more likely I'm gonnna get rid of my D600 i think. I've given up with the mp3 player because the earphones are so bad! What about the ringing and vibration on the SE w800i? Is it possible? It sounds really stupid but I just like having both at the same time whereas my D600 will only vibrate, or make a noise!

Ross

P.S. Thanks for the welcome Dave :thumbsup:

ross.mitchell said:
hmmm it is getting increasingly more likely I'm gonnna get rid of my D600 i think. I've given up with the mp3 player because the earphones are so bad! What about the ringing and vibration on the SE w800i? Is it possible? It sounds really stupid but I just like having both at the same time whereas my D600 will only vibrate, or make a noise!

Ross

P.S. Thanks for the welcome Dave :thumbsup:

Yes you can have both going on the w800i :smashin: .

Hi i'm new. I too cannot decide. (k750 vs d600)

I like SE layout, and I want a good video/screen

• Which is better for viewing pictures on the phone??

Can the Samsung really not cannot ring and vibrate?? That might swing it...

cartleman said:
Hi i'm new. I too cannot decide. (k750 vs d600)

I like SE layout, and I want a good video/screen

• Which is better for viewing pictures on the phone??

Can the Samsung really not cannot ring and vibrate?? That might swing it...

Why the K750 over the W800i?

Hi,

I have my old 6310i on hands free kit in my car, and my SE has better coverage/quality calls than Nokia with external aerial....go figure!
I can plug my W800i, into Aux input of my car and play music, take a picture of speed camera taking a picture of me, email it around the world, and video being cut up in my car by Samsung user trying to txt.

O....and it's a phone as well!

Darren

CAS FAN said:
Why the K750 over the W800i?

Because the w800 looks like its made by fisher price?

I am contemplating between d600 and w800i...HELP?! i want something where i can download tom-tom sat nav on it....cameras are the same on both,]

i really need something where i can sync up my lotus notes and something that has a good diary/calender (anything similar or better than what e700 with regards to calender).

PLEASE PLEASE EMAIL ME ON : [email protected] to help me make my decision!!!

thanks
mariam x x

Tomtom wont work on either phone,you need a smartphone and nokia seems to be the best catered for where tomtom is concerned.

Cameras aren't the same on both W800 and D600. Same resolution maybe.

W800 - autofocus (ie. better stills). Low resolution video capture (176x144).

D600 - fixed focus. Higher resolution video (352 x 288 - Pal resolution).

Seen videos off the D600, and they really are very, very good.

Interesting about the headphones on the D600 though - if they really are that bad, its off my list. I can't find anything for a relatively sensible price that does decent stills, video and have a decent MP3 player. Can get 2 out of 3 on the D600 and W800. Frustrating!

My mate has just bought the W800i and I listened to the MP3s through the headphones included and they really are the best I've known on a mobile phone!! Comfortable, with great bass!

Have 10 days to decide between the D600 and W800i. Difficult choice! Both awesome phones. In latest phone mag - D600 got 92% and W800i got 91%.

Mind you, saw Nokia N91 in mag, and with 4 gig and 3G, it really has thrown a spanner in the works..... :confused:

HHEEELLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

junior the red said:
My mate has just bought the W800i and I listened to the MP3s through the headphones included and they really are the best I've known on a mobile phone!! Comfortable, with great bass!

Have 10 days to decide between the D600 and W800i. Difficult choice! Both awesome phones. In latest phone mag - D600 got 92% and W800i got 91%.

Mind you, saw Nokia N91 in mag, and with 4 gig and 3G, it really has thrown a spanner in the works..... :confused:

HHEEELLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Philosophy is that you should just pick one and go with it. If you want the best MP3 player & still camera then W800i. If you want the best video recorder and sleaker design then the D600 is the one. At the end of the day, it's just for a year and there will be a new set of phones to chose next time you upgrade :smashin: .

I like SE's, wanted an MP3 player and also liked the fact that it came with a 512mb pro duo card. That's why I chose the w800i. Which ever phone you choose, i'm sure you won't be disapointed though. :smashin:

Is the N91 4 gb, I thought it was 3. This phone gets better and better! Roll on next year I want to test drive this thing.

I am a new member but have been reading the forum for guidance as I was due for an upgrade from a Nokia 6230. After checking out both the W800i and the D600 I decided yesterday to go for the W800i because of all the extras and I might be a bit sad but I actually like the colour of the case as it stands out when you are trying to find it. I am really pleased with my choice. The sound quality of the MP3 is fantastic and I am finding it really easy to adapt from years of Nokia phones. The only difficulty I found was when I decided on this phone trying to find one in stock if I wanted to stay with T-Mobile. In the end I took out a new contract with Vodafone to get this model. I would definitely recommend this phone.

I've been playing around with both phones for a little while now, and you know what, it's a dead heat, I can't pick a winner.

One MAJOR plus point of the D600 is that screen, it is soooooooooo lush!!!! The W800i screen is incredibly poor by comparison, the looks and build of the D600 are also far ahead of the Sony.

The O/S on the D600 is good, but is bettered by the W800i, and you get all those lurrvly extras with the SE too, they really are the two best phones on the market right now, either will make their owners proud.

Good to hear they're both cracking phones!!

Have you bought a transflash card for your D600 and what is the quality of MP3's through the headphones like on it compared to the SE?

I have 8 days and counting till makin a decision and at the moment, the SE in just ahead - but I have to agree with you, I love the screen/video quality of the D600.

I have been reading up on the N91 and apart from being a little on the big side, it looks a stunning phone! Does anyone know the release date for it? If it was relatively soon, I might be tempted to wait and go for that instead. If it's still a few months away, then it's between the D600 and W800i

Anyway - great to see this subject has generated much interest! It definitely helps in makin the right choice! Cheers folks!!! :smashin:

Thankfully my upgrade is a little further off (although I'm going to call O2 this week to see if I can negotiate an early upgrade).

I'm split between the W800 and D600. The W800 clearly wins on still image and audio, the D600 gets major kudos for video quality and the TV output (I'd love to connect it to our 32" LCD at home!).

N91 - sometime next year as far as I;m aware, and thats not even the official UK networks release, which will possibly be a little later.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom