1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Ericsson S700i owners thread!

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Gemini-Phoenix, Aug 14, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Gemini-Phoenix

Gemini-Phoenix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Anyone else got a Sony Ericsson S700i?

anyone got any good applications or utilities for this handset? My previous phone was an Ngage (Original model) and I was used to putting all sorts of media on it straight from my PC, but now I seem to have made a leap backwards, as half the useful things I could do with my Ngage I can now no longer do with the S700i...

One thing I have noticed is the distinct lack of a money converter. Even the Java application doesn't cover money, which is probably the one very application I would ever want to use on my phone!

Another thing ~ Is there a way to make it louder when listening to music? Has it been restricted in the same way Sony have restricted the HD3 / HD5 Walkman's? If so, anyone know how to unrestrict it?

One thing I have found very annoying about this model, is when it rings, or when you have music playing, it makes the camera shutters vibrate. It's even worse if you have vibrating mode on, as you often hear the shutters vibrating, even if the phone is set on silent! Sometime's that is more noisy than a ringtone!!!

Simple solution, just open the shutters, but then the lens gets prone to scratches and dust Etc...

I must say though, the battery life is exceedingly good! I have had well over 8 hours out of it playing music at full volume on the in-built speaker non-stop from a full charge ~ And I still had some juice left over! Obviously this would be reduced if you were pressing buttons all the time.