1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Ericsson S700i & memory logistics

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Gemini-Phoenix, Aug 21, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Gemini-Phoenix

Gemini-Phoenix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Anyone with an S700i will know that the maximum Memory Stick they can use is a 128MB standard. But is this true?

In the manual, it states it does not support the larger "Pro Duo's" ~ Why is this? Most other SE phones do, so why not the S700i?

Has anyone actually tried using a larger capacityMemory Stick in the S700i?

The phone is great, but the only thing that lets it down (Apart from the shoddy paintwork) is the fact that it can only handle a maximum of 128MB, and no more...

2. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    I'll check it tonight, I have a 512MB stick with my new W800i, will stick it in the S700i (which I'm selling on the classifieds) and see if it can see the memory.

As for Pro Duo's, I used a 128MB one, and it could see it fine, but man, was data transfer slow with it, it just took AGES to access data on it through the phone, VERY annoying. Otherwise it is a superb phone, best screen on the market by far, and out of the 1.3 megapixel phones out there, by far the best camera too. W800 is a better phone though, and has a better camera, but it's screen is a bit p*ss poor compared to the S700i's.

3. Gemini-Phoenix

Gemini-Phoenix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Saying that, my phone (S700i) tends to lag when trying to view larger files, such as huge pictures. Possibly because it has to first resize it to a viewable size, especially if it is 1024 X 2056 pixels or something...