Quantcast

Sony Ericson W800i crashing with bluetooth.

Chezzy Blade

Standard Member
I have recently bought a W800i, and I use a Jabra BT200 bluetooth headset with it. However, often when connecting or using voice dial the phone crashes and restarts. The screen goes white for a second or 2, then re boots. Does anyone know if this is a known problem with the phone or the headset being incompatible. most of the time the 2 work well together. I have searched SE support site without success.

Thanks

G

chrislad

I know what Sony will say. They're say that there's only 100% compatibilty with Sony headsets. Others should work but there's no guarantee. Basically, you'll be told to get a Sony Ericsson headset.

J_C_COOL

Novice Member
my w800i did this the other day whilst loading puzzle slider so I don't think its anything to do with your headset.

Chezzy Blade

Standard Member
Sony Ericson support say to upate the phones software via the website. I went through all the instructions but got a message saying that my service didnt allow any updates. I think Ill try to get the phone replaced by 02 (who I bought it from)

G

chrislad

Try to get it reflashed. That will set the firmware to the standard Sony Ericsson firmware (which is not branded and is supposed to be 20% faster than branded firmware).

Most of those unlocking phone shops should be able to sort you out.