1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Ericcson T630

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by bobbles, Mar 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had this for almost a week. I thought I would post some of my views in case anyone is thinking of getting this phone.

It is much smaller and lighter than my old gd87 clam shell. Whilst this is great for carrying around it does feel very weird when using the phone.

It can be connected to other phones/pdas/pcs via IR, bluetooth or data cable. The most impressive feature I have found so far is how quikly and easily it synchronises with outlook express. It synchronises the calender, tasks and contacts. As my old phone was stolen this saved me hours of inputting numbers. The abiity to have reminders on the move is extremely useful.

The camera is another slight improvement. Apparently it was voted best camera recently.

Entering text is very easy. Using T9 it brings up all the possible alternatives on the screen. Rather than having to search through all the possibilities. Entering new words into the dictionary is also very straight forward.

I am not a fan of WAP, but this is much faster. I actually may use it now.

The phone has a small 5 direction joystick to navigate menus. On the standard screen each direction is a shortcut to a feature. However, very annoyingly two are the same and only the left direction is user definable.

The only other very annoying feature is that if a message arrives whilst you are away from the phone you have no idea as it is no indication is shown on the screen saver screen. Ok all you have to do is press any button to check.

I do think it is a great phone and a big improvement on my old gd87

2. bash

bash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +351
    I just got mine today (thanx Anil ;) )

So far as impressed as I thought'd be as I used to have the T610. Its definetly nicer anyway and I ve also got the bluetooth headset which is suh weet.

I;ve just seen pics of the upcoming Sony Ericsson K700, which is DEFINETLY gonna be my next mobile. So the T630 is a perfect pitstop or me.

Im gona buy a datacable off of Ebay prolly and start downloading themes into it ASAP :)

3. nokiaman

nokiaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i've had my for about 2 weeks or more and i like it but it feels cheap and not put together well it could be just mine but there is a gap near the infra red port at the top and the top left cover is not flush.

Also i broke my prong on the charger 2nd time of pulling it out and the wayu you take the back cover off is not a good idea either as i swap my sims around all the time.

How much did you all pay for you T630?

Mine was £190 sim free and had the choice of frosty silver which i bought or the suppossedly (spelt wrong lol) exclussive T-Mobile liquid black sim free too.

I was looking around and the T610 is still £170-199 on pay as you go, the networks are very cheeky as i have the new T630 sim free for £190 and i can buy any pay as you go sim for £9.99 or £12.99

4. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it could be yours that may be damaged. Mine has none of the faults you mention.

I got £45 cash back on contractfor 12 months

5. bash

bash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +351
    Yeah, whilst the buttons feel plasticky, my mobile definetly doesnt feel cheap. I;d get yours looked at if I were u.

I paid £200 for the white one and bluetooth headset boxed from these very forums....

6. nokiaman

nokiaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Like i say the only thing wrong with mine is that gap although it is very small and no one can see it seems when i say look at the gap everyone says where.

I'm used to good quality bulit phones and ones not made in china either.
    Although i do love tis phone but it's only a stop gap just wanted something new for a few months while i wait for my new phone.

Like i say it does feel plasticy but it does feel alot better than most but i've had a lot of phone evan a titanium one.

Cant really fault the phone apart from slow texting it has to catch up with me, i cant read my message until about 4 secs after i stop lol.
    This phone is another winner from sonye and when i was in switzerland this month 7 out of 10 people where using a T610.

7. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what phone are you getting next?

8. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just to point out i meant it synchronises with outlook not outlook express

calender / tasks / contacts

9. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got one of these today as a present its very nice but i dont think i will be leaving my nokia 8910i at to use this;) ;) ;)

will be on ebay or classifieds very soon;) ;)

10. ducati996

ducati996

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have they solved the eternal SE issue with signal strength?

Everybody I know with a SE T610 has complained it keeps dropping the signal where a Nokia doesn't.

ducati996

11. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have not had a problem with this

12. ducati996

ducati996

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  13. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i notice the sony the t630 narrowly beat the v600 in this month's what cell phone review

14. testcard

testcard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of buying a T630 sim-free, but can't find it cheaper than around £250 from online dealers. Where did you buy yours from?

Thanks.

15. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got mine with contract

most of the operators allow you to buy free on a higher tariff then reduce to a cheaper one after a couple of months