Sony DX51 & HX15 Replacements?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Struan, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Struan

Struan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is there any news on replacements for the Sony's entry level analogue and IDTV CRTs (DX51 and the HX15(?))?

TIA.

2. Gorecon

Gorecon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aren't these relatively new anyway, about 8 months old?
    Why do ask apart from buying a future discontinued model?

3. timbo_bobcat

timbo_bobcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got an HX15 in September (I think) and it was only just out then.

4. Struan

Struan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    In an ideal world, I would like an all black case, and as SONY seem to be moving incrementally back towards that ideal, and came very close with the DX51 (stupid bloody silver strip!!!) I was hoping that the replacements might be all black. Also, and more importantly, I was hopping that they would finally specify a reasonable number of Scart sockets (i.e. at least 3, preferably at least 2 RGB), and in the case of the DX51, improve the speed of the DTT (channel switching etc.).
    A genuine good quality tube, well set-up to provide an accurate picture wouldn't go amiss either, but from what I have seen over the last year!!! of looking for an acceptable TV to replace my (dead) 10 year old 25” SONY, such things, it would seem, are difficult, perhaps impossible, to find in modern TVs :(

5. Gorecon

Gorecon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the DX51 and I think the silver trim looks great. Makes it a bit different than all black or all silver!
    As for 3 SCARTS well I think that is a marketing issue. If you want 3 SCARTS, Sony and other manufacturers want you spend more money on the next TV up.
    Whats wrong with the digital channel TV switching. How quick do you want it? It changes quickly it my opinion. i.e. Less than a second.
    IMHO the picture quality on this TV is very good. TV and DVD's look stunning.
    The one area we do agree on is finding a TV to suit your own requirements.
    There is simply too many TV's out there!
    Anyway good luck. But I think you'll find that the next model will be similar... ;)