1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DX 100 problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by royalbox, Nov 9, 2004.

1. royalbox

royalbox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all.
    I have a Sony DX100 TV which has recently developed an annoying problem in digital mode.
    The bar that displays briefly at the top of the screen which tells you the station and title of the current program, won't go away. You can sometimes get rid of it by pressing the station button again, or by going to analog and then back again, but not always. Sometimes it doesn't even change when you change channel and you have to switch the set off and on again.

I was wondering if there was a factory reset I could perform as retuning didn't help.

Many thanks.

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    This appears to be the same fault that occured with some of the earlier sony models. It is a known fault - so you should be able to get some help from the Sony web site. It was a new problem about 2 months ago and they didnt have a solution for it, they might have by now.
    Nigel

3. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I have the DX100 with exactly the same problem. As nig28 says, it is a known problem. The latest software r 3.21 [GB] has caused this. I have emailed Sony and am awaiting a reply.

We would need another over-the-air software upgrade to cure this.

4. royalbox

royalbox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, it's good to know I'm not alone and that it's a known faullt. After reading several posts on this forum I now know how to find out when updates are due. I'll have a look at the sony website and perhaps if I email them as well about it, it may help a little.
    Thanks again.

5. royalbox

royalbox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I emailed sony a few days ago but they haven't replied.

6. Phil_S

Phil_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Give them a couple of weeks at least. I have found that I always get a reply eventually.

7. royalbox

royalbox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK then, will do. Thanks

8. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Good News

Over-air-upgrade available 25th - 28th Nov, Version 3.50

See here

9. royalbox

royalbox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks simon1. I just got a reply from Sony letting me know about this, let's hope it does the trick.

10. royalbox

royalbox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Out of interest, is there anywhere that tells you what the update includes/fixes?
    Many thanks.

11. Phil_S

Phil_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not that I know of, however the current update has greatly improved the performance of the EPG on my DX150 - it is now virtually instantaneous. I have been corresponding with Sony about an aspect ratio switching problem on the ITV channels and Ch4 (where my set often displayed 4:3 programs such as ITV News as a stretched 16:9 picture with the edges disappearing behind the black bars at the side of the screen). Sony emailed me to say that the update should have fixed this as well, and my experience so far is that it seems to have done so.

The only other thing I have noticed is that the menu option to change wallpaper no longer works - the background option list is empty!

12. royalbox

royalbox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Phil_S.
    The TV has been updated today and all seems well so far. The EPG is much quicker now as you say (like it used to be in fact). I didn't look at the wallpaper option. I did notice an extra "greyed-out" option; "cam" something or other.
    Anyway, I hope this update sorts out the problem I had and doesn't introduce too many new ones.
    Thanks again.

13. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    One more new feature:

See the yellow 'catagory' / blue 'timer' icons, which have an arrow next to them?

Press the corresponding button on your remote, these icons change '-24hr' & '+24hr'