1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVR-TRV325E,Copy to pc and burn

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by jonny.k, May 26, 2005.

1. jonny.k

jonny.k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, :hiya: I am new to this forum but have had my camcorder for 4 years and i would now like to copy my Digital 8 tapes to dvd-r but I don't know what lead or pc interface card I need to do it,so if someone could help me I would be eternaly gratefull,Thanks.. :rolleyes:

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would think that if you read through the many many posts in this forum you would find all the information you need to get you started, if you then find you have problems come back and ask again.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Well as you may have guessed from the previous post we do tend to get asked this question on an almost daily basis. But I'll go through the basics to get you up & running:

To get video onto a PC from a digital camcorder you need a firewire (aka iLink, ieee1394, DV port) port on the PC. This can be added as a cheap PCI card that plugs into the motherboard for around £10 online. The card should be supplied with a 6 pin to 4 pin firewire cable. If you already have a firewire port (all Macs and many modern PC's do) then you just need a 4 pin to 6 pin firewire cable that should cost you less than £10 online.

Well that just about covers the connections, but you should do a bit of searching on this forum as there is loads more advise on software and troubleshooting etc. But as Beejaycee said, if you need to ask any more questions then feel free.

Good luck,
    Mark.