Sony DVPS735

johna

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Any one had any experiences / comments with this player?

I'm thinking of buying the Multi Region from Richer Sounds for 399.00 does anyone know if it can handle rca discs?

Thanks
Johnno

I have one of these with paragon mod from sevenoaks HiFi. The paragon mod should handle RCE discs but I have not tested it!!

generally great machine. I got it cos I needed the on board decoder otherwise I would have gone for something cheaper

Wether or not it can handle RCE discs depends on the mod. If it offers manual region switching, then you'll be ok.

I have the 735, its got a bit of a slow layer change, but other than that its a good machine.

STOP

The Richer Sounds mod is not happy with RCE discs.

I emailed customer services as I was about to buy one so my source is good.

george

Sorry to sound dumb, but I'm worried now I was just about to go and bye the sony dvd player but then I read the above messages?

What are RCE discs ???

I think I understand now, after having a look around.

I currently have around 50 dvds in my collection 1/2 from the uk and 1/2 from america, I used to use my computer to play them, but now I want the proper thing.

I was going to get the multi-region Sony 735 but from richer sounds but I'm now a bit worried thats it's not going to play all my disc's should I get the Pioneer DV636 or the Panasonic DVDRV60 instead !!

Please help

Trying to get hold of the Sony from Richer was like tracking down water in a desert - that's the main reason why I went for the Pioneer - the reviews rate it the same and I think unless your plugging into a 10K plus system you'd hardly notice the difference, I am very pleased with the Pioneer

george F - I opted for the Pioneer 636 in the end anyhow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom