1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVPNS955 MR Lip Sync issues

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by slaterss, Jan 25, 2005.

1. slaterss

slaterss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As anyone experienced any problems with lip sync on the Sony DVPNS955 DVD Player ?

My system is
    DVD - Sony DVPNS955 Multi-Region
    Panasonic TH42PE30
    Yamaha DSPAX750SE
    IXOS Component from DVD Player to AMP (1m in length)
    Profigold from AMP to Plasma (5m in length)

I know both my DVD Player and AMP has audio delay options built in - currently both of these are set to 0ms.

Should I change the values - and what too?

Its only very slightly noticeable on a couple of my DVDs I have tried... so I am not sure what to think.

I have read elsewhere that since I am running progressive scan, it takes 60ms, but does the player not auto-compensate for this already?

Watching SKY \ Through my DVD Recorder all connected through my AMP is fine... so is it just me ??

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Any Help will be really great :lease: :lease: :lease:

Thanks
    Stu

2. MSYam

MSYam
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this problem with a few of my DVD players i've had. I think it's proably actually the disc itself i.e. Aliens SE was terrible. But if I put something like LOTR on, it's perfect. Which DVDs have you experienced the problem with? If i've got them i'll try them on mine.

Also, i've been looking for opinions on this machine as I am thinking of upgrading. How would you rate the picture, sound, and build?

Cheers

3. Skunky Cubes

Skunky Cubes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had to adjust the delay timimgs on my amp which cured my (well not me personally!)lip-sink problem. I have not noticed any problems because of differing DVD titles. Which way to compensate I cannot say, I just did it by trial and error.