Sony DVPNS930 - comments anyone??

H

HappyLad

I'm after a new DVD player with PAL prog output.
I was tempted to buy a Sony DVPNS930 when I was out shopping yesterday, but decided to come home and see if I could find any reviews of the machine first... well I can't!

Anyone got any comments on this machine?

TIA

Thanks for the link.

I did a quick search of the forums before I posted the query but didn't come up with much. Maybe I need a remedial class in search techniques:(

Anyhow, I've ordered a 930 and hopefully I will have my hands on it early next week. :smoke:

Cheers

Unless you want SACD compatibility and 5.1 output sockets you might be better off with the 730 model as that has the same video hardware including both pal and ntsc progressive scan. Admittingly the 930 looks much nicer.

Well Ive got the 930 and I m very pleased with it - definitely not an ok player. Wouldnt normally have bought anything by Sony but glad I did.

The picture quality is at least as good if not better than the pioneer 565a, and doesnt have the irritating horizontal banding problem the Pioneer has with Philips and Panasonic TVs (and others) when using RGB.

CD audio and MP3 audio are great, the only thing that isnt is the layer change over - which lasts 0.5-1 second.

I play a lot of DVDrs and it has played all of them, even crappy Princo disks, or Datasafe without a problem.

The only thing it doesnt have is DVDA but there are no disks I want and much better SACD selection so this is not a problem. I got mine online for £250 but u should be able to shave a few quid off that if you shop around.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom