1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVPNS700 DVD player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ryonhill, Aug 20, 2002.

1. ryonhill

ryonhill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    has anyone got one of these?

is it any good?
    what are the specs?
    are there any good features?

2. Corbin

Corbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ryonhill

I've got one of these. Being my first DVD player, I can only say that it is pretty good as I haven't had anything to compare it to.
    It is has quite a high spec for a sub £200 player and it's multiregion also. Bought from dvdplayers.co.uk
    The player and features are very good for a player in this price range although I'm sure there are probably better players with more features for less money. At the end of the day it all comes down to what features you need the most. I chose this one because I needed

1. Multiregion
    2. Stylish
    3. Two scart sockets
    4. 5.1 channel out
    5. Could play as many different media discs as possible (pity the 705 wasn't around when I needed it as MP3 would have been handy)

Anything else to me was just a bonus really but saying that, there are plenty of other useful features. First of all, setting up is relatively easy as the instruction booklet is pretty easy to follow.

A quick list of features

Coaxial and optical digital out
    5.1 Channel output
    S Video out
    Two scart sockets
    Built in dolby digital and dts decoders
    Playback of DVD DVD-R DVD-RW CDR CDR-W VCD SVCD CD SACD
    Easy to read and navigate on screen display
    Shuffle play
    Repeat play
    Title/Track/Index/Scene search
    Nine different surround modes (ten if you include none!!!)
    Three block noise reduction settings
    Five video equaliser settings
    Four digital video enhancer settings
    Parental control (pesky kids!!)
    On screen sound and speaker set up

That's basically about it really other than a few odds and ends that didn't get a mention as they don't seem that important.
    All in all a pretty could player with great sound and picture quality thrown in for good measure. If this info doesn't help any then I think you should consider something else. Happy viewing if you decide to get one.

Corbin.

PS Maybe a should have said exhaustive list !!!!!

Last edited by Corbin on 20-08-2002 at 08:48 PM

3. paulryan

paulryan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Corbin,

Did you have any success getting the remote to operate tv/amp ?? THe codes supplied for my thomson/yamaha just dont work. Sony dont seem to be able to help, strange as its them who activated the codes !!

4. Corbin

Corbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ryanhill

Glad you went ahead and bought the 700. Hope you're enjoying it. As far as codes go for operating TV/Amp, mine work OK. Panasonic TV and Kenwood Amp. Are there no buttons working at all after you put in the codes?