Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony dvpns30 will I be ok ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Merlin, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Merlin

Merlin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First steps into dvd recording and editing . Going for a panasonic DMR EH50 for recording off the TV and transfer of VHS tapes and betamax. Shall take footage to PC for editing using DVD-RAM.
    I see that the recommended dedicated player by the shop (as these DVD/HDD combos are not as good as dedicated playback device) a Sony DVPNS30 supports CD CD-RW DVD DVD-RW. If I am getting my TV footage down onto DVD-RAM and editing it back to that, then playback of that will not be using the Sony :rolleyes: but is this normal, seems like DVD-RAM playback is very limited with players ?

Wish to experience surround sound, have just read of high definition TV so wish to ensure whatever player I get will be ok for the future and give me a good cinema experience when we replace the ageing 27inch Sony. What are the must haves ?

back to DVD-RAM, should I consider another. Reviews of the N30 what I can find read v well, but what of surround sound and HDTV or is hdtv an expensive option most cannot afford now when getting new TV's ?

Merlin