1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVP-S7700 settings, need help!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bfg, Dec 20, 2000.

1. bfg

bfg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I have one of these brilliant players connected via a fully wired, high-quality scart to my TV, and enjoy the added clarity and color richness RGB gives me.

However, everytime the player poers up from standby, I have to go into the setup menu and turn off composite video, and turn on RGB video. It never remembers this setting...

Any ideas what could be wrong? Or how I can make it remember this setting?

cheers!

2. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    I think you have a duff player - sounds like its not saving the menu settings like it should. Try switching it off, unplugging it from the mains for a few minutes then power it up and re-set all the menus, switch it off and then back on again and see if its kept the settings, if not write to your dealer and ask for it to be repaired/replaced.
    Paul

3. bfg

bfg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply...

The weird thing is that it remembers all the other settings (digital out, dts off, etc...), but not the rgb setting...

Any ideas?

BFG

4. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Just a thought but is your TV switched to the RGB channel? Maybe the player IS putting out an RGB signal but the TV defaults to a composite A/V channel and by going into the player menu, its the TV thats being kick-started into changing to RGB rather than the player? (If you see what I mean).

Paul

5. D.Jay

D.Jay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What firmware rev. do you have?

Hope you get this sorted out!

I also own a S7700 and have some product recommendations for you [​IMG]

QED sQUART RGB-Only SE ( short as possible )

Excellent screened/shielded cable, w/ RGB, Control/Data and nothing else!

Van den Hul "The First Ultimate" Digital Co-ax cable

Probably the only digital cable I've come across that sounds significantly different ( and better! ).

"Powerslab" from www.audionut.com

Mass loading maplewood block that looks nice AND improves the sound/video quality of the S7700 dramatically. Best of all it's cheap ( $49.99 ) AND fits the S7700 PERFECTLY.

Auric Illuminator ( http://www.audience-av.com/accessor.htm ) bought from www.hcmaudio.com. I wouldn't recommend the Aurex Mat BTW, despite the appealing price if bought at the same time.

A CD-Treatment that does some amazing things. First it CLEANS the CD, and I mean REALLY well. It also acts as a anti-static agent, reduces jitter and EC use, and the combined benefits result in a radical improvement in sound/video quality. It costs next-to-nothing as well, a couple of pence per CD/DVD. EVERY single DVD I have ( over 200 ) and all my favorite CD's have been treated. I do this to ALL new DVD's and CD's I buy too!

Caig DeOxit / Progold ( www.caig.com ) bought from www.audionut.com.

It works. Nuff said [​IMG]

PS Audio Powerplant ( www.psaudio.com ) bought Export model from www.ultimate-sonics.com

If you have a hi-end system then you have only two choices. One; get a PS300 for your source ( DVD Player etc. ) and pre-amp / processor. Two; get a PS600 for your power amps/TV too ( some people may need a PS1200, but I'd imagine VERY few ).

A single PS600 powers my entire A/V system ( including 15 mono-block amps bridged & bi-amped ) including my T.V. The ONLY thing not connected is my subwoofers which I'll get some "Ultimate Outlet"s for in a month or so.

EVERY serious Audio/Video w/ a decent system should have a Power Plant. Check out www.audioreview.com and the PS300/PS600 reviews ( the PS300 got the accessory of the year award from audioreview AND stereophile. The PS600 got one from the Stereophile Guide to HT ).

Have fun [​IMG]

D.Jay

6. StuartBooth

StuartBooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good post, D.Jay. Very interesting indeed to get some new kit ideas.

Thanks,

------------------
    Stuart Booth
    Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

7. Jim Robson

Jim Robson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Originally from the wonderful Granite City, Aberde
    Ratings:
    +1
    Phew DJ! They must be giving you students MASSIVE grants if you can afford all those extras for your top-of-the-range DVD player!

Regards

Jim [​IMG]