1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVP-S725D multi-region and RCE!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jim Robson, Nov 7, 2000.

1. Jim Robson

Jim Robson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Originally from the wonderful Granite City, Aberde
    Ratings:
    +1
    A friend in Chicago sent me a surprise gift which arrived in Hove, this morning. It was The Patriot and obviously Region One. Hmmm! This will be interesting I thought, after all the fuss regarding RCE.

I have a Sony DVP-S725D which has a Techtronics Multimod for Manual AND Auto selection of regions.

Here are the results:
    It would NOT play when Auto was selected.
    It would NOT be fooled by playing another Region One disc immediately before.
    It DID, however, play perfectly when I manually selected Region One.

This may be of interest to people who have the same player with the same Techtronics Multimod conversion as myself.

Regards

Jim [​IMG]

2. gwbailey

gwbailey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jim, I have got the same disc, same dvd player from Techtronincs and have the same problem as you.

Try this small cheat, first put the player into R1 and put in the disc. As soon as the disc plays press eject. Now put the player back into auto-region select and put the disc back in. It should then play every time.

Graham.

3. Jim Robson

Jim Robson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Originally from the wonderful Granite City, Aberde
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Graham!

Just saw your reply. Thanks for the cheat/tip. I'm not back home until the weekend but I'll certainly give it a go then. Someone else suggested something similar but I don't think I synchronised things properly.

Regards

Jim [​IMG]