Sony DVP-S536D Problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dan B, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Dan B

Dan B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have the above dvd player, and its beginning to get on my nerves. :mad: I have had the following problems over the weekend:

1. It won't read the DVD's 50% of the time, it tells me "no disk" even though there is one. I can hear the spindle getting up to speed and then cut out.
    2. It gives the C:13:00 "clean disk" error code on clean disks.
    3. When it does read the DVD it plays Layer0 okay, but on Layer1 it jitters and resets itself in every scene.
    4. It still plays single layer DVD's (once they are finally read) okay, and Double sided.

I have cleaned the lens's using the brush type DVD/CD cleaners, and been in to the Sony Centre, where I got given the techincal help line number, which I can;t use because I need some Sony Account user number...... grrr.

Please help.

cheers.

2. Dan B

Dan B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bttt

3. Dan B

Dan B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, after finding out how to get into the Service mode I find that the player wants 8cm DVD's all the time. It won't let me set it back to 12cm DVD's. Does anyone know how to do this?

Cheers.

Edited coz I got 12 and 8 round the wrong way :blush:

4. Dan B

Dan B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Arse.

Incidently, how can a laser become worn?

5. Dan B

Dan B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It sez: 219hrs CD 119hrs DVD.

I have been really careful in the setup (I think) I've only messed around in the #1 menu "Drive Auto calibration" What normally happens is I set the DVD-SL first and that runs okay, then doing the DVD-DL it will calibrate Layer0 okay, then when doing Layer1 it will say "Error, calibration stopped" just after the "sled on" display. I can hear the spindle stall at this point.

It now reads all single layer cds okay, but still has trouble with the DL's, it wil read them, but will not play layer1 without skipping all over the place. :confused: