Sony DVP-S535

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Max147, Mar 22, 2001.

1. Max147

Max147

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of replacing my Wharfdale 750 player with something a bit better. I am very interested in a Sony player, to match my TV and VCR. Does anyone have the DVP-S535 and if so are you pleased with it, is there anything annoying about it? I have looked through all of the messages and nobody has said anything bad about it.

Cheers

Max

2. baccattack

baccattack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Max,

I have the 536, the silver model, and am very happy with it. The picture looks great on my TV, panasonic tau, and using it as a cd transport with my denon avr2801 reciever and BW603 s2 fronts I am more then pleased with stereo playback. Also it has two scarts with rgb loop through, handy for me as my philips ondidgital box is connected to it. My only complaint is that programming tracks for cd playback needs navigation of the players on screen menu.

Stephen.

3. Max147

Max147

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that. I find that there are lots of problem players out there, and I just wanted to make sure that when I get mine, there are no known bugs.

I was interested in the 735 and I seem to get mixed opinions. I know Sony did a firmware upgrade for the 735, they must have known there were some problems. I haven't heard of any upgrades for the 535, maybe because it's perfect, I think I'll buy one.

Max

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Sonys firmwares tend to be one firmware for all machines.