Sony DVP-NS955 - do you have one?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mike Austin, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Mike Austin

Mike Austin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a couple of questions about the Sony DVP-NS955. I want it mainly for audio playback with DVD-MP3. Apparently it has DVD-text. Does it display DVD-text on the front panel or only on a screen? And does it cope with long file names?

If it cannot display DVD-text on the front panel, can anyone recommend a good player that does?

2. Mike Austin

Mike Austin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK. No answers here and the manuals are not downloading from the Sony site, so I phoned Sony and they said it doesn't display DVD-text on the front panel.

My next question is, what is the smallest, cheapest lcd I can connect to a DVD-player to know where I am among 50-odd LPs on a DVD-MP3 disc?

3. ash71

ash71
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, I was thinking along the same lines regarding adding a small LCD TV, say 7" to my DVD player so I didn't have to turn on the TV to navigate DVDA menu's etc when listening to music.

The only small ones I found were designed for use in cars and they cost approx the same as a 14/15" LCD TV at the time.
    That was a few months ago now so I would be suprised if the LCD screens designed for in car use haven't dropped in price to a more reasonable level.
    Might be worth a look.

4. Mike Austin

Mike Austin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was hoping for something a bit smaller than this - maybe the same size as my Palm PDA if they are available.

5. Mike Austin

Mike Austin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Attached Files: