1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVP-NS930VB - Anyone got this?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by OnTheFly, Sep 29, 2003.

1. OnTheFly

OnTheFly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    I've been searching for a reasonably priced DVD which does progressive PAL & NTSC. This Sony seems a lot of machine for £240.

Do you have one & are you more than happy?:suicide:

2. OnTheFly

OnTheFly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Hello, is anyone there?

3. warrior99

warrior99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. OnTheFly

OnTheFly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Thanks for responding, your help is much appreciated. I had already read that review which makes the player sound pretty good. What I was looking for was 'first hand' experience, if you know what I mean.

Cheers:smashin:

5. TranceFan

TranceFan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    yes ive had this Sony DVD player a week, using the RGB scart out and the picture is excellent, more or less the same as the pioneer 565a, which I traded in for it because of the horizontal banding problem on that player.

5.1 sound / DTS is excellent from the player too. It plays all my DVDrs too, and all brands/dyes so far. CD replay is not bad too. MP3 replay is good, but not as bassy as I would like. Its default video output setting is set to composite video so make sure you switch to component or RGB and the picture is much better.

I havent yet tested the SACD will update when I do. The only thing it hasnt got is DVD Audio which is a shame but there are sweet f@@k all disks that I like out anyway, so its not a problem.

6. warrior99

warrior99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    will be auditioning this tomorrow and comparing it to the yamaha 540, will let you know what I think.