Sony DVP-NS930V

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by quiet robert, Jan 4, 2005.

1. quiet robert

quiet robert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    anyone able to give me a review/opinion on this machine?

esp it's picture output thru a rgb scart

2. swartzy

swartzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +660
    Bought this machine just before Christmas after owning the 905 version(without component)

reason for changing was Panasonic Viera plasma with component.....picture quality is stunning through component and RGB is excellent as well ...subtle difference between both......The black level on this player excels on the depth of field i.e. background picture ...I originally connected the RGB with a QED sqart lead on the 905 ......some people dislike the layer change but since this only happens once per disc and some discs are better than others it does not really concern me....The 930 as with the 905 has a lot of picture tweaks within the display menu onscreen and the menu system is very easy to work...there are two scart sockets on this machine although I found dvd to tv was suffice for me.....I have had the Sony 725 dvd player which at one time was best in it's class and I never thought it could be bettered tbh....enter both the 905 and 930 and both models have proved me wrong...I would personally highly recommend this player...Good luck with whatever you may choose :thumbsup:

3. quiet robert

quiet robert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    thanks, for that, it tempts me to get it

4. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    i have this player also... must have it nearly 1.5 years at this stage - i use it to feed a sony hs1 projector... feeding progressive scan... quite happy with the player and its better than the ns900 i have in the living room... i'd swap them out only that i like the progressive scan feed to the pj.. of course i dont watch the pj as much as the tv.. so it'd be nice to have features such as the disc resume on the ns930 in the living room.. little fella keeps switching the ns900 off and it doesnt have auto resume..

the only thing i'd look at is the age of the ns930... is there a better newer sony model out there?