1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVP NS930v

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by anpool, Jan 21, 2004.

1. anpool

anpool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a new plasma (hitachi 3000e) and thought it was time to upgrade my old Toshiba DVD player. I auditioned the cambridge 57 from Richer Sounds (not as good as my old tosh using interlaced component out) and no different in progressive scan (I could only get NTSC P scan anyway) and the manual was crap. I now have a sony DVP ns930 which is streets ahead of the cambridge and gives a great picture in PAl progressive output. Now the question and minor niggle - I can't seem to get the sony to play a DVD-rw full of MP3 music. The cambridge machine coped fine with the same discs. Anyone know If its possible to play MP3's from a data DVD on this machine and what recording parameters I should use. (the current disc is burned using nero express) - Thanks

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    If it's like my 730 Sony made it only look for MP3s on CDs not DVDs. IOW it decides what types of files it's going to handle based on the type of media .. pretty dumb but Sony aren't alone in this.

3. anpool

anpool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - Its a small price to pay as the picture is now fantastic on the plasma. I would reccomend the player to anyone needing PAL progressive scan - better than a £350 Harmon Kardon I auditioned

4. stricko

stricko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sorry to hijack the thread guys, but can you advise whether the 730 and the 930 handle JPEG files?

5. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    730, no mention of JPG in the manual, only MP3 listed under "Data CD".

6. anpool

anpool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - Its a small price to pay as the picture is now fantastic on the plasma. I would reccomend the player to anyone needing PAL progressive scan - better than a £350 Harmon Kardon I auditioned