1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVP-NS905 Problem?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pob, Dec 16, 2002.

1. pob

pob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Anyone else out there got access to a Sony 905 DVD?

A friend of mine has one and it is being strange - this is what he sent me:

(i) The machine has never been very good at playing CD-Rs - even though the manual says it will play them. My Sony CD Player plays all my CD-Rs no problem, but the 905 DVD is very picky. It can take up to 30 seconds to read the TOC from some discs. I think (but not sure) that this problem has been getting worse recently - I thought that the player didn't like CD-Rs that were burnt at a fast speed, but I created a CD last week at only 4x, and it wouldn't read it at all. The same disc worked in every other CD player in the house, and I've been using that particular brand of CD for ages, with no faults.

(ii) I have TWO copies of "The Full Monty" R2 on DVD. At about 6min 40sec into the film, there is a terrible glitch, with the picture freezing and the drive making a noise as it tries to re-read the disc. It is identical on both copies of the film. However, the disc plays fine on a Philips DVD Recorder.

(iii) Today (and it has only happened today), I put an original CD in the machine and it refused to read it - it just made a horrible noise. I tried a different CD, and the same thing happened. I switched the player off for a few seconds and back on, and then it accepted the same CDs! Very wierd!!

Anyone else got these problems?

Cheers

Phil

2. Imran_UK

Imran_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    looks like a fault with the machine

3. nealb

nealb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have found that this player too has problems tracking some CD-R's on both audio CD's and VCD's. Not too impressed really.... thought this player would be the dogs....
    Anyone else having any problems with their 705's?