1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVP-NS900V

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dr Lecter, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the moment i have got a Marantz DV4100 DVD player. I am thinking of upgrading to the Sony. How does it compare to the Marantz visually and sonically? On another issue can you buy SACDs in HMV or Virgin? or are they only available via Mail order.
    Many thanks John

2. Stinky985

Stinky985

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have just got a DVP NS900 and am very VERY impressed with it. However, i upgraded from a Samsung not a Marantz.
    I would say that this would be more of a sideways move rather than an upgrade (if its 4100OSE)
    I have been looking for SACD's and can only really find them on the net :( BUT they are cheaper!:)
    Looking forward to hearing my SACD sample disk when i get home later...

3. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Stinky,
    Yes i have the Marantz DV4100OSE. Ref: SACDs and DVD Audio for that matter are not sold at HMV / Virgin to the general public because they are what they call esoteric formats. They told me to contact Sony UK via the internet as you can order what you want via an online catalogue.
    Cheers anyway. John

4. thudspud

thudspud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hello all

HMV in Liverpool sells SACD's!!! I nearly bought Mike Oldfield - Tubular bells on friday, If I remember correctly it was £21.99.

Cheers

Chris