Sony DVP-NS900V vs DVP-NS700V

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by konghh, Jan 30, 2002.

1. konghh

konghh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody done detail comparison on audio quality between these 2 players? I heard the 900V's video are vastly superior to the 700V. Care to confirm that?

Thanks

2. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only (probably like you) from the Home Cinema Choice test review of the the NS900V where it was compared favourably to the NS700.
    I haven't personally tested the 2 machines back to back for performance, but I decided to get the 900 on the strength of HCC's review.

Simon

3. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The Sony 900 is supposed to be a fantastic machine. It does "almost" everything I want.

However, I really do love the 540 Line Resolution of the Toshiba and Pioneer Players, which i think really makes a difference. I've heard the Sony 900 only has 500 line Res.

I'm waiting for the Pioneer 747A but its way too expensive at £700 (Cheapest i've seen it), just hope it comes down in a couple of months!

4. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    Hi,
    I have the 700 and I think its not too bad. My tv is KV32FQ and picture quality and audio playback seems fine. Can't comment on how worse it is that the 900 but I don't have any complaints. My thoughts are that some dvd's aren't great quality to start with. I know when i was pricing the 900 was like 500 quid more than the 700 so thats what swung it for me.
    Mick

5. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mick, I think the "900" Sony player you were looking at must have been the DVPS9000ES rather than the DVPNS900V as it's much more expensive (the 900V is "only" about £100 more than the 700V).
    Anyway, I get my 900V tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like (I still can't compare it to a 700V but will be comparing it to my current Samsung 801).

Simon

6. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    Yeah sounds like your probably right - maybe I should have researched a bit more then. If the picture on the 900v is that much better it would have been worth it for the extra 100 quid. I'm happy with the 700 and after all the recent outlay's i won't be upgrading for some time. In the last 4 months i've purchased a KV32FQ tv, the 700V dvd player and the HTK 475 home cinema kit. Delighted with all of it apart from the scrolling bars on the tv which hopefully Sony will get sorted out sooner rather than later!.

Good luck with the player,
    Mick