Sony Dvp-ns76h

How much is this going for, is it around the same price as the NS92V?

I have tried all over the net but the only place that features this is the official Sony site, so does anyone know where they may be selling?

foghorn said:
A couple of sites are showing it at retailing at less than £100.

Foghorn

Any links matey?:thumbsup:

WSH said:
no xvid or divx support

sorry but it will have divx;) the player is out sometime in april,its just a budget player,there are no plans at the moment for anymore top end dvd players from sony(until bluray)

Please advise your views on this one.

Its looks stylish enough and slim-line..

Saw one is Tesco Slough yesterday for £99

EmpireDirect £81, Amazon £87

Ta...:thumbsup:

PinnerFox said:
Saw one is Tesco Slough yesterday for £99

EmpireDirect £81, Amazon £87
Sony staff discount - £62 and multiregion enabled. And no I don't work for them, but I know someone who does. It's a very good DVD player, in 1080i at least. I tried it in 720p and it didn't look so good, but that could be my TV.

steve-p said:
Sony staff discount - £62 and multiregion enabled. And no I don't work for them, but I know someone who does. It's a very good DVD player, in 1080i at least. I tried it in 720p and it didn't look so good, but that could be my TV.

£62 - that's cheap, with MR enabled Empire are charging £95!

Any chance of arranging a purchase?:D

Don't worry if this is a hassle..its not a big deal.

(also I need to wait a week-10 days to get a refund on a machine I am returning)

PinnerFox said:
£62 - that's cheap, with MR enabled Empire are charging £95!

Any chance of arranging a purchase?:D

Don't worry if this is a hassle..its not a big deal.

(also I need to wait a week-10 days to get a refund on a machine I am returning)
I'm afraid not. Sony keep a record of who buys what on the staff discount scheme and the person in question has already bought two of them and won't be allowed to buy any more :)

Picked this up saturday to go with my v2000, I'd been using my laptop until then and there's quite a dramatic improvement.

Watched a couple of episodes of band of brothers, some pixar films and FotR, I'm certainly very happy with this.

I've got it connected via hdmi, which is great, although there's a big blue 'WOO YOU'VE GOT A HDMI CABLE PLUGGED IN' light at the front, which is a tad bright.. also a progressive scan light which lets you know what's happening.

The GUI is hideous after using the beautiful v2000, but who cares, it's cheap, pretty and looks damn good in my eyes.

Sorry I'm not even remotely technical :)

If you have the 50" sony bravia HDTV like me then this is the upscaler dvd player you need.

PQ is amazing and rock solid at 1080i over HDMI and it is very quiet when actually playing dvds.

Very happy with it so far. :thumbsup:

hi
more details :
i'm using a dvd player sony dvp ns 76 h with a lcd samsung syncmaster 203b (dvi) i don't want to have a tv screen
thanks for help and sorry for my bad english

Chewy said:
I've got it connected via hdmi, which is great, although there's a big blue 'WOO YOU'VE GOT A HDMI CABLE PLUGGED IN' light at the front, which is a tad bright.. also a progressive scan light which lets you know what's happening.

Check the Custom Setup options - you can change the brightness of the lights/display.

hardeep said:
Check the Custom Setup options - you can change the brightness of the lights/display.

And do you give it the :smashin: or :thumbsdow ? Do advise..am thinking of getting this one!

Ive just gone ahead and bought one.
Multi-Region Upscaling HDMI DVD Player by Sony for less than 87 pounds. A bit of a no-brainer to go with my 40V2000.

Will let you know my thoughts once the HDMI is plugged in...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom