Sony DVP-NS76H 'banding' via component for NTSC dvds...

Daipac

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a Toshiba 19W330B lcd tv for the bedroom and I connected up my unused Sony DVP-NS76H dvd player via component last night and when playing NTSC films I get a 'banding' across the screen every couple of seconds, almost like a section of white shadow that moves around the screen. This is amplified when progressive scan is enabled.

Any ideas ? Does the NS76H automatically switch between PAL and NTSC via component ? I have checked the Toshiba spec and it does support PAL/NTSC so I was hoping that someone more knowledgable would be able to give advice on ways around this. I am almost certain that the signal being shown was 480p when pressing the info button on the tv.

I am only using component at the moment as I don't have another HDMI cable but it would be good to be able to get this working in the short term.

Cheers in advance,

D

I've also recently started re-using my 76H while my Oppo 983 is back for repair so don't have recent experience of its component output. I have used it for region1 discs in the past however without any problems and there are certainly no problems with either Scart or HDMI - it changes from PAL to NTSC automatically. Sounds as though your player may have developed a fault.

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't had any problems when using it with my Pio 436XDE via HDMI. I have bought a HDMI cable today so I will check tonight to see if I am still getting this problem.

Tested out the HDMI cable last night and the banding has now gone...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom