sony dvp ns76 and sony 40w4000

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by surfstu, Jan 31, 2009.

1. surfstu

surfstu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,

just about to get my hands on 40w4000 tv and i have a dvp ns76 dvd player, my mind boggles with how i should connect these 2 bits of kit? hdmi , component, upscaling etc?
    can i just plug them in with hdmi and trust the equipment will give me the best results or will i need to force one to not upscale etc? the dvd player says 720p / 1080i on it? the new tv has just sucked every last penny from me so i will not be blessed by the magic of bluray for some time yet.
    any responses will be much appreciated.....

2. Sanders79

Sanders79
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,020
    Hello,

I would start be connecting by HDMI and set the DVD to output at 576i and see how that goes. The TV will upscale anyway, and one school of thought is to try to only have one step of upscaling (i.e. don't have the DVD player upscaling to 720p and then the screen upscales that again to 1080p).

Suck it and see really! Try the various resolution outputs from your DVDand see what you like best. I haven't seen your TV in action, but I expect it will have a better upscaler than your DVD player.

Hope this helps.

3. surfstu

surfstu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers sanders, will try!!