sony DVP-NS700V

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pedropeps, Jun 28, 2002.

1. pedropeps

pedropeps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

hi want buy this player but first i like to know the opinion about this set.
    whats the difference between DVP-NS700V and DVD-NS900V?

CHEERS

Pedro Soares

2. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    Hi there,

i used to have a NS700 and then upgraded to a NS900. I did so because i read loads of reviews of the NS900 and how fantastic the player was.

The main difference with the NS900 is that it has 54 MHZ DAC Video convertor which should give you better pictures..... it also has component out connectors which give the best quality output but not many tv's support these. I run mine with a good quality scart outputting RGB.

I had mine connected to a Sony 32FQ until recently and to be honest the RGB output was too dark. I've recently moved house and had to move to a phillips 28" and the picture from the dvd player is far more impressive on this.....

I'm happier with the NS900 than the NS700. Maybe some of that is that i'm convincing myself its better cause of the money i've spent on it though :)
    Mick

3. pedropeps

pedropeps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

My problem its the money :)
    The ns700v is cheaper then ns900v and i hope that ns700v is a good player with great picture and sound.
    What do you think about the quality of picture of ns700v mick? Its good?
    My tv is a panasonic tx32pl10 and i hope that the «marriage»of this 2 machines result well. What do you think?
    Later, i want to buy a home cinema kit. NS700v is able to receive this kit?

Thanks

Pedro

4. Jonah

Jonah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Sony DVP NS700.
    It runs alongside my Panasonic TX28PL10 with RGB connection with no probs at all. The picture, in my view, is pretty sharp and the colours are great too.
    Seems to be a pretty good player for the value. Only around £200 with loads of features and media formats it can play.
    I would certainly recommend it to a first time buyer, being one myself also.

Good luck
    Jonah.

5. Jonah

Jonah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    By the way I forgot to mention that I've got my player hooked up to an old Kenwood receiver and amp through the 6 channel input and digital coax. Sounds great all the same.

Enjoy

Jonah