Sony DVP-NS700 Replacement

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Woodman, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Woodman

Woodman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know anything about the DVP-NS700 being replaced?

I went into JL to order one and found that they're not stocking it anymore. The sales guy thinks it is about to be replaced. Like the 905, there is a page on www.avland.co.uk giving details of a 705 although the picture looks the same as the 700.

I'm tempted to buy a 700 as they're a really good price at the moment but would wait if the replacement was going to be out soon.

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I wondered about this, also. After waiting 2-3 months for a new Sony amp to become available and the DVP NS405, I couldn't wait any longer. I bought the the 700 a few weeks ago. After seeing the 405 afterwards, I would say that built quality was not as good as the 700. Could be a similar story with the 700's replacement?

Unless you need MP3 playback, I'd get the DVP NS700 now. Otherwise, you'll be waiting and waiting.

3. Woodman

Woodman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, Simon1. I'll have a close look at the 305 and 405 and compare them with the 700's build quality.

What do you think of the 700? This will be my first DVD player and I'd like to get something which is good enough to keep for a few years.

4. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I love it.

5. paulryan

paulryan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you ,anage to get the remote operational for your tv/amp ??
    The codes listed for my thomson/yamaha do not work and sony
    cant help !

6. Tejpal

Tejpal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    THE SPECS FOR THE REPLACEMENT SEEMS TO EXCEED THE OLDER MODEL IN EVERY ESPECT, WHY WOULD SONY RELPLACE A PRODUCT WITH SOMETHING WITH A LOWER STANDERD?!?!

THE "705" WILL DEFINATLY BE BETTER.

(BTW, IM NOT SHOUTING, MY KEYBOARD IS F00KED):mad:

7. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I disagree - just because it is a newer model doesn't necessarily mean it will be a better machine - have you actually seen the DVPNS705??

The only noticeable "upgrade" as far as I can see, is the addition of MP3 playback - how many people would honestly make use of this feature?? The jog dial has been removed from the front of the machine, and build quality (IMHO) isn't anywhere near as high as the 700 was. I won't even start on the remote... Given the choice of a 700 or a 705 at today's prices (£50ish difference!!) I'd go for a 700 and buy myself a few DVD's to watch with the leftover money thanks!!... ;)

Kelvin

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 700 and think it great. I wish I had waited and bought the 705 since that has MP3 playback included. I managed no problem to get my remote to work my amp and that's a 5 year old Kenwood.