1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony DVP-NS585P vs pioneer 470

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by oxygenuk, Oct 20, 2004.

1. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    im thinking of getting one of these but not sure whats the better option i want you guys help plz :D , the sony seems like maybe best option at the moment but not sure because the 470 looks really promising too, any of you guys know about these two? please help :lesson:

2. Glasswalker

Glasswalker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I've just got the 470 and I love it. I didn't need the DVD-A os SACD and so the 470 was just the ticket. Superb picture through component video and using it's progressive scan capabilites, which it can do for both PAL and NTSC. I recommend it.

Don't know anything about the Sony DVP-NS585P though, so how it measures up against that I don't know.

3. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    I'd recommend the 470 too.

Question, do you get an audio glitch everytime audio starts ??

4. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  5. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,821
    I had to make the same choice and went for the Sony. So far it has been an excellent player and believe I made the right choice.

The Pioneer 470/575 does have a better speced DAC but I don't like the build quality of them. I borrowed a Pioneer 575 and the picture looks just as good to me on the Sony 585.

I am using the component output with PS enabled and on a Panasonic AE100 projector.