1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVP-NS585P Region 1 playback problems - Macrovision issue?!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Eso, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Eso

Eso
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I recently got a Sony DVP-NS585 and everything is fine with it except when I play back some of my Region 1 discs.

Basically the screen sort of kinks in and bends at the top left and somewhat to the right of the screen.

I've had a little look on these forums and understand it's to do with Macrovision and NTSC playback or something.

I don't think my TV is at fault as I have numerous US NTSC consoles which all perform correctly, and it's not my discs as they all worked perfectly on my last 2 Pioneer players - which I know for a fact had Macrovision disabled. I have also tried these discs on another player using my TV and they are fine.

Whilst I know my Sony machine has been chipped for multi region I don't know if it's been macrovision disabled as the player came as part of a bundle with my TV.

Is this likely to be what's causing the problem? Granted it's not on every disc and many of my films are widescreen so avoid the problem but still it's bugging me!

I was thinking of getting one of those special Macrovision disabling leads from www.sonel.com to fix the problem.

Anyone used one of these before? Are they any good and do they work?

Most importantly will it fix my problem?

Thanks!