Sony DVP-NS305 Fault. Can You Help?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jayd2, Jun 9, 2005.

1. jayd2

jayd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony DVP-NS305, which whilst playing a DVD, just stopped and went to stand-by. Now when you go to swith it on, it comes on then switches itself back to standby straight away. Most places I have rung to see to get it fix, want a fee just to look at it, but don't want to waste my time if it is a expensive repair. Would like to keep the player though as see it as a good player, apart from this fault. Anyones help will be appreciated. :thumbsup:

2. Barrovian

Barrovian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Second star to the right and straight on 'till mor
    Ratings:
    +111
    I've got one of these. Damn fine player that's given almost two years of sterling service. No doubt, it will now go t*ts up :rolleyes: , but to be honest if it does, I think it will be cheaper to replace rather that repair. Stand alone DVD players are now almost a disposable item. Plus, New = 12 months warranty :)

3. joki

joki
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same thing happened to me on my DVP-NS405, two weeks out of 2-year warranty. Local repair shop said that the laser is dead and needs to be replaced. For the price of laser replacement I just bought a new Pioneer. ;)