Sony DVP NS 900 V

thedude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as you can probably tell ive go the above dvd player. i have found this a fantastic dvd player with a really good picture output via the RGB (component video) but its lack of progressive scan is quite concerning to me now. So a little bit of advice for me please. If samsung are putting out DVD players with pal progressive scan for as little as £59 is it going to be better than i have already? Im assuming and hoping that it isnt going to be better than what i have got although it has upgraded picture quality.
im looking for something new tho maybe something future proof with HDMI, but will that really make a difference as there arent High definition DVDs out yet! please advise.

unless you are spending serious money ie £500+ let the panel do the deinterlacing and stick with the sony.. An Arcam DV89 or DV29 or denon 3910 may give a decent bump in quality but i think (considering your other post) that £1000 on an Iscan HD will improve the PQ on all your sources not just DVD is a far better investment

thanks yet again for the advice with regards to the plasma and my DVd situation. I jst got ahold of what home cinema this month and they is a box that improves your picture quality so maybe thats the route i shud be looking to go down. although i am really happy with it i am just afta the best i can afford.

I would agree with Hornydragon, I upgraded from a Pioneer 565 to a 757 for PAL prog scan and do not see any difference.
The 757 has a front button to toggle and after the screen stops flickering it looks the same. I could have saved quite a lot of dosh!
I also had the 900v, great player, only let down by the layer change.

yeah that is true, can be a tadd annoying but i think im gunna have to stick with it for now.

So do we think that the HDMi will be a good buy? will the discs really do it justice? Or shall i wait until next yr when we finally may have some blue ray discs and some HD DVD disc? then surely a DVD player with HDMI output wud be worth it

u really are convinced about this Iscan HD arent you? where can i get more info about it?

oh you klnow where i can get Scart to RGB leads? sweet i get customers asking all the time.

oh pm me! all this talk of AV equipment is making me want to spend money i dont have

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom