1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVP-LS785 - Any Good??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mjbtin, Mar 19, 2005.

1. mjbtin

mjbtin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +383
    Can't find any reviews on this player, any opinions on picture quality via RGBScart and sound quality greatly appreciated
    Thanks pdbmjb

2. cuewoz1

cuewoz1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was looking at this also, but not made my mind up, looks nice though.
    only link is in french so have included a google translation in link, hope it works.
    here

Let me know if you get it what its actually like :)

3. mjbtin

mjbtin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +383
    Thanks for link cuewoz1. From what I can make out:

Video - good
    Audio - good
    Sacd - good
    Divx/xvid - not good

Only first 3 concern me so I think I will take a chance on it and purchase one this week. Will let you know what I think shortly. :)

4. t@xman

t@xman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Bought one about 4 or 5 months back for £115 and I find it to be brilliant.......having said that, my previous DVD player was a Pioneer dv555, and so the comparison is pretty weak.
    I'd also add that the DivX playback I find to be a real pain in the ass, so I tend to use my HTPC for that.

5. cuewoz1

cuewoz1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    whats it like with DVD-Rs? I have a Panasonic DVD recorder and would need it to play these.
    Thanks

6. mjbtin

mjbtin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +383
    Decided against the LS785 after spending nearly all last weekend on this forum, after reading the reviews of the Cyrus tuned Limit DVDA900SE (www.play.com £99.99) Ordered it (to replace my Pioneer DV565-A) on Sunday and received it on Wednesday, if you're interested the PQ via RGB is excellent Audio is also excellent, and CD playback via my sony DB790 and Eltax Liberty 5+ speakers is awesome.

IMO this is a better machine than the Highly Rated Pioneer DV565, i would have been happy with the limit even if i had paid £300+ for it, but I only paid £100 for it. If you have a budget of around £100 for a DVD/CD player the Limit DVDA900SE is an absolute bargain :thumbsup: