1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVP-CX995V 400-disc

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Worm, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Worm

Worm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
  2. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    And the same for the 985 before it, and the 777es and other manufacturers offerings.

If you really want an R1 one you can get one. Parcel2Go even offer a service where they ship to a U.S. address and forward it on to you. I've got a DVP-CX860 300-disc machine which is, AFAIK, the last Sony one to be officially for sale here.

Similar frustration to yours - and mine - has been vented on here before (about this new player too).

Mike.

3. Worm

Worm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    "HDMI is the connection for the high definition age and we intend to outfit our products with the best high resolution solution available," said Philip Abram, vice president of marketing for Sony Electronics' Home Audio and Home Video Division. "Sony's DVD changers are extremely popular products and adding HDMI was the next logical step in the products' evolution

When you read this it makes it even worse!!

4. Worm

Worm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Cant be true, surely not! has appeared on dealtime.uk Showin as not available yet.. if only and how much more than the USA price of $400 dollars :lease:

5. daveha

daveha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone seen this in the uk market yet ?

6. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +907

they never get released in the uk,the 400disc machines have been around for a few years now.
    But i can remember a little while back i saw the previous model whithout hdmi on sale on a german website.
    so you could prob find it if you look hard enough:thumbsup:

7. pemberto

pemberto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Have a look at http://www.jvb.nl they have a couple of 400 mega changes. The Sony 777es now supports pal playback and the guys at JVB also have an SDI mod.

I just need to save a few quid and get the sign off from the Mrs and I'm off to buy a couple, unless I win the lottery and then if a Kaleidescape server.

8. daveha

daveha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info guys. I've had a look at whats available, some very nice kit, but what a price ! We seem to pay loads more than the US prices. I guess its rip off UK again.

Thanks

Dave

9. markcu

markcu
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If anyones interested I have a cx777es up for sale at the mo, pm me for details.

Cheers

Mark.

10. AndyCob

AndyCob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    I have been looking at getting one of these but really want a multiregion capable player.

Have seen JVB, Eurodigital and many others offering region free pal playing US moded versions of the 985 and 777ES but these are both non HDMI models. Can't find any for the 995 or the rumored HDMI equiped replacement for the 777ES, anyone got any info on it?

Very tempted by the 777ES, either the screen or reciever I plan to get can do the upscaling to 1080p so don't mind not having that in the player but would have prefered the all digital signal path via HDMI without a digital to analogue then analogue to digital conversion via component. Could get an SDI mod but then need another £1000+ for an SDI equiped external scaler and that's getting expensive.

How much am I likely to lose in quality using 480/575p via component rather than HDMI?

Does anyone know why there appear to be no mods for Pal on the HDMI players? I am assuming it is more difficult in terms of the chips that need to be added or modded on the circuit board because of the upscaling on the HDMI which would need additional support for Pal but that's a novice guess for any tech experts out there that know the real reason.

Any opinion or actual experience from someone who all already has one of there much appreaciated?:lease:

11. datadiffusion

datadiffusion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    <Post moved to For Sale section - sorry>