1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony dvd91e - movie editing

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by fragmented, May 30, 2005.

1. fragmented

fragmented

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

New to cam corders and although reasonably pleased with the results so far I need to edit out some mistakes from a recent disc.

The manual just says select the scene from the menu and press 'edit'.

I do this and nothing happens.

Guess it's me being a noob but can anyone advise plz.

Thanks

John

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Forget the software that was supplied with your camcorder. It is nearly always very poor. If you have Windows XP then you have a good editing program called Movie Maker. Make sure you have all the MS updates for XP and this will include an update to Movie Maker 2. If you don't have XP then loo for Ulead Video Studio, Sony Vegus Studio etc and they will do everything you need.

To edit the video on a DVD:
    simply copy the VOB files over to hard disk, rename them so that the file extension is .MPG, rather than .VOB, and then bring them in your chosen editing software.
    You then need to recreate a new DVD with any software that does DVD authoring (the programs listed above from Ulead & Sony include these features). MS Movie Maker 2 can not however and you will need to get a dedicated DVD authoring program if useing this software.

Mark.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Nearly forgot to say:

If useing the Ulead software you wont need to copy and rename the files from the DVD disc as the software handles all that for you.

Mark.