1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY DVD91E handycam - PC editing - HELP needed

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by happy snapper, Jun 8, 2005.

1. happy snapper

happy snapper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can anyone help - I've spent hours surfing the web to find a solution. The manual which comes with my SONY DVD91e handycam, also covers other models. There is a section on transferring to PC via USB, but the DVD91E is the only model which does not have a USB jack. The manal mentions nothing on how to transfer from this model (nor does the Sony website). So I'm stuck as to how to get what I've recorded into the PC so that I can use an editing software.
    I have finalised the DVD disc(this model records onto small DVD discs), and can play this through the PC using windows media player, and also save to hard drive, but the editing software which came with my Sony PC (Movie Maker) does not recognise the file types on the PC(these are wmv, IFO and VOB files). Someone said they have to be converted to AVI files before editing software can be used. Is this correct? and if so, what is the best software to get to do this? It's all very confusing.

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK - it's quite straight forward - first get yourself a copy of Ulead VideoStudio 9.0 - details from :- http://www.ulead.co.uk/vs/runme.htm

Then take the mini disc out of your camera and put it in the DVD tray of your PC - take care to centralise it in the special depression.

open UVS at the edit stage and either :-

1. Click on "File" then "Import Media file to timeline" then click on "Insert DVD/DVD-VR" then browse to the VIDEO_TS folder on your Disc - select it and follow instructions and your video will appear in the timeline.

2. OR - - RIGHT click in the timeline and from the pop-up which appears choose "Insert DVD/DVD-VR" then browse to the VIDEO_TS folder on your Disc - select it and follow instructions and your video will appear in the timeline.

3. OR - - In the very bottom left corner is a little round icon with an opening folder on it - click on it and from the pop-up which appears choose "Insert DVD/DVD-VR" then browse to the VIDEO_TS folder on your Disc - select it and follow instructions and your video will appear in the timeline.

You will now be able to edit - cut out unwanted bits - add titles and music - and finally burn to DVD (if you have a DVD burner)

Quite a few users have reported problems using the download of the full programme - the disc version is fine and I would recommend you go that way if you decide to buy - may take a week or so to come - although your local PC World may have one in stock if you can't wait.