1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVD201E importing to PC question

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by shooting light, Feb 5, 2005.

1. shooting light

shooting light
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Now I have read a few threads on this machine that, well, aren't that positive to say the least! Before you laugh at me and shout "Look over there, it's DVD Camcorder Boy", its actually work that has just purchased one to have for recording things that go on.

I thought I would have a play. It comes with some basic Sony editing software, but I am currently using Vegas which I love, but how on earth do you get the MPEG files once on the PC to be recognised by other editing programs? I seem to be able to find the VIDEO, but can't find the AUDIO anywhere. Where on earth is it?

Any help much appreciated. (Audio does play with video if played in supplied software........)

James

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The audio is embedded in the mpeg files - you will not find it separately until you import it into your video editing programme *most* of them will allow you to split audio and picture once in editing mode - but you may not be able to hear the sound if your editing programme does not support the audio format that your camera uses, it is quite possible that your sound is AC-3 Dolby Digital - I don't know if Vegas supports that maybe someone else does but I do know that for some editing programmes you have to buy an additional plug-in to hear Do;by sound.

You say you have the mpeg files on your PC - are they actually called #####.mpg or are they in fact #####.vob (you may have to select "Show file extensions" on your PC to be sure) If they are .vob files then you should just be able to rename #####.mpg to #####.vob and then when you right click on them and select play your default video player - usually Windows Media Player - should open them and play them.

If you want to view them in Vegas then you need to open it up and then import your video files so that you can then do what you like with them.